Wowowow, this month has flew by! It’s been a big month of growth for me – I hit 100 followers on Instagram at the beginning of January but by the end I had just over 400! It blows my mind that every time I post something, there are around 400 people that get to see what I put into the world 🌎. Thank you so much for your support!
To catch ya up to speed, a few weeks ago, I picked up a few linens from my local Goodwill. Link to my original haul post is here. Today, I’m sharing what I made from this heavy weight navy blue curtain. This fabric felt a little too thick for a dress, but lacked the stretch that I would want in jeans/pants. Consequently, I was looking for skirts/shorts/jumpers that would transition well from winter to spring.
Anyway, suspense over because my title gives away the surprise – the Cleo Pinafore + Dungaree Dress from Tilly and the Buttons, link to the pattern here! I chose the dungaree (aka overalls here in the US) style as I’d never worked with those buckles before and clearly I’m all about ~doing~ all the things.
I just got back in town from a great weekend in Florida, where I had plenty of time to brainstorm ideas for what I’d like my blog to become. Huge shoutout to the coolest blogger Cat over at Ctrl + Curate for being an awesome host and for giving me some handy tips for photo taking and Lightroom editing 😍
It’s hard to believe that I’ve already had ten blog posts! I’ve seen a lot of sewing blogs that go over different sewing challenges, i.e. the #MakeNine2019 challenge or #SewMyStyle2019, and the like, but I didn’t feel like those really suited me. I’m not sure if that means I’m less of a planner, but I think this year still holds a lot of major unknowns for me and I don’t want to constrain myself to specific patterns or styles.
I will, however, set a different challenge for myself – to not just Make but to Do nine big things this year:
Hello all! So excited to bring to you the first upcycled creation from my goodwill haul!!
Last week, I talked about all the fabric I bought from my local Goodwill, one of them being this light blue soft chambray/cotton twin bed sheet.
I decided to make it into the Sierra Jumpsuit from Papercut Patterns — link is here! After washing + drying all of the fabric I had purchased, I went through my pattern collection to see what I would want to make. I initially thought I would only have enough fabric for the romper/playsuit version of the Sierra pattern, but once I laid out all of the pattern pieces, I went with the full length jumpsuit in size Medium.