With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I found myself looking at dreamy fabrics to make the perfect glorious, overwhelmingly pink outfit inspired by this romantic holiday. I’m thinking three types of looks —
SO many options come to mind:
- The Ogden Cami from True Bias can easily double as a fancy tank but also a simple PJ top
- Matching DIY pink or heart shaped pillow cases! I’m obsessed with the “la la ❤ you pillow – so freakin cute!
- If you’re in the mood for a decent amount of batch sewing, the Stevie Dress from Tilly and the Buttons made out of a cozy flannel fabric would be the perfect oversized sleep shirt as well! Depending on your fabric choice, it could even function as a casual day dress with the right accessories 🙂 Check out my pattern review here – IKEA sells fabric? || Tilly and the Buttons Stevie dress + fabric review
- Clearly this list would be incomplete without your favorite romantic comedies! Personally, I think Lara Jean’s style from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is #goals, so I’ll definitely be rewatching that for the ~5th time this Valentine’s season
Dramatic Date Night
This is what has inspired me this season:
- Very Easy Vogue 9259: a fabulous garment that can be either a romper or a jumpsuit, with a fun criss-cross halter bodice — a deep red, wine, or pink crepe would look amaaazing
- Very Easy Vogue 9253: the dramatic deep-v neckline is made for this holiday, honestly! If you make this garment, it could easily be reworn for a wedding or other special events. I wore this to a wedding last March, so I’ll definitely get some fancy pics of this garment soon to share with you guys!
Casual Fun Day Date
This is the perfect opportunity to sew up something casual that you’ve been eyeing and spruce it up with little touches of this holiday 🙂
- York Pinafore from Helen’s Closet – instead of the side pockets, doing two heart-shaped pockets and a pink necktie would be super comfy and cute, see my other versions and thorough pattern reviews here – York Pinafore review: the gift that keeps on giving
- Minttu Swing Top from Named Clothing – I love the all-in-one neck facing for this, despite having to watch a YouTube video walking me through this part step-by-step. Paired with jeans and a fun cardigan/jacket would be perfect for a trip to the movies or a laid-back dinner at home
- Selkie London Midi Skirt or Dress in a fun print – a la the featured photo in this post! I literally just finished this skirt this morning right before my mother came and met me downtown for brunch, knowing that she would be up for taking photos of me. Official pattern review coming soon, but definitely 100% would recommend!
My plan is to make several of these garments along with a decent review so y’all can get a good idea of what these look life in real life, along with how I style them.
One thought on “Sew in Love 😍 || DIY Valentine’s Day Lookbook Round Up”