On a whim I decided to check out one of the many Goodwill locations in Houston to check out fabric and came out with probably 12-15 yards of fabric plus a dress I hope to upcycle, all for under $15. So. Much. Fabric. Another bonus is that this purchase was certainly more sustainable that buying up a ton of yardage at my local fabric store.
Here’s the fabric I took home, along with some ideas for what I’d like to make!
- navy heavyweight brushed canvas || former window curtain || $3
- Rushcutter Dress by In The Folds
- York Pinafore by Helen’s Closet — see my York Pinafore review here!
- stone blue medium weight patterned cotton || former shower curtain || $2
- Collins Top by In The Folds
- Peplum Dress by In The Folds
- soft sky blue chambray cotton || former twin bed sheet || $4
- Yari Jumpsuit by True Bias
- Sierra Jumpsuit by Papercut Patterns
- yellow gingham cotton || former twin bed sheet || $1
- Dress 47 from Cali Faye Patterns
The star of the show may have been this Oscar De La Renta for Neiman Marcus sundress that I got for $3! The white cotton feels sooo luxurious and I adore the subtle embroidery throughout. I’m hoping to upcycle this into a summer-y blouse, or maybe even a different sundress depending on how much fabric I end up getting out of it!
Let me know in the comments if y’all have experience with refashioning old bedsheets to make fun clothes! I’ll be blogging about my lil upcycling journey in the coming weeks!
2 thoughts on “goodwill haul || refashioning plans”